What is Hair Transplantation with DHI Technique?
The DHI method studies, whose ground was laid by the Greek doctor Konstantinos Giutis and his team, dates back to 1970. In 2001, plastic surgeons were introduced in the Plastic Surgeons Association conference and presented with the DHI method and this carries an importance that revolutionized the field of hair transplantation. In 2016, the DHI method, whose research and development period lasted for many years, became widespread and known to the whole world. The DHI method is a hair transplantation method which is a variation of the FUE method. After the hair follicles are collected from the donor area by micro motor or manual method, they are transferred to the area waiting for transplantation by DHI method. The most important feature that differentiates the DHI method from other hair transplantation practices is the use of a special medical instrument known as ”Choi Implanter”, “Choi Pen”. The indispensable instrument of the DHI method, the Choi pen, caused the practice to be also called “hair transplantation with choi method”. Other known names of the application in public are ”Direct Hair Transplantation” and “Leon Technique”.
One of the advantages of the DHI method is the possibility of “unshaved hair transplantation”. The technique, which is applied without the need to shave the area to be planted, has therefore become the avorite hair transplantation method of women.
How is Hair Transplantation with DHI Technique applied?
If the hair transplantation candidate has the appropriate properties for the DHI method after the necessary examinations are performed; doctor-patient joint decision is determined for the transplantation day. On the day of operation, only the donor area (usually the nape area) of the patient is shaved, and micro-motor mediated or manually grafts containing single, double, triple or quadruple hair follicles are started to be collected. Collected roots are placed in the plantation area without waiting. At this stage, the Choi pen is comes into the process. The hair collected are planted with the Choi. The biggest difference that differentiates the DHI method from other hair transplantation methods is the fact that, thanks to Choi, channel opening and hair root placement can be done simultaneously. With the tip of Choi in the plantation area, the canal is opened and the hair root is placed in the canal and the plantation process is completed.
Does Hair Transplantation with DHI Technique work?
Hair Transplantation with DHI technique provides a better possibility for planting more dense hair roots when compared to other hair transplantation techniques. Thus, more natural-looking and lush hair can be achieved. In addition, it is much easier to adjust the symmetry in the front hair line, which is of great importance in hair transplantation procedures, to extend the hair to the original exit directions and to open the channels where the hair follicles are placed at the right angle with the help of Choi. All these parameters, which are necessary for a natural result, are very easy thanks to Choi, but the doctor’s expertise is the determining factor.
The doctor’s expertise is very important because the DHI hair transplant method is a procedure that requires very special care. There is no reason why the Choi technique applied by an expert doctor and team should not work. Direct hair transplantation is an ideal method for patients who cannot be transplanted with FUE because of their bleeding density.
Cost of Hair Transplantation with DHI Technique
Hair transplantation with DHI method is more demanding and more rigorous than FUT ve FUE techniques. It is much more efficient in terms of results. The medical team should consist of 6 people because the roots needs to be planted without waiting. The cost of Choi Implanter is higher than the equipment used in other hair transplantation techniques. Therefore the price is slightly higher than other techniques.
Advantages of Hair Transplantation with DHI Technique
- It is also ideal for women since hair shaving is not necessary in the area to be transplanted.
- Although the hair is not shortened, the hair around the transplantation area is not damaged during the DHI hair transplantation.
- Grafts don’t need to be kept outside after the collection. Prevents the risk of hair root death due to waiting.
- Because the Choi pen provides a hair follicle wide canal, bleeding is almost non-existent.
- The operation does not include any incision or sewing processes.
- As the procedure allows the hair follicles to be planted more often, a more natural appearance is obtained.
- Since the damage caused by the operation is minimal, the healing process is very fast.
- As the canal carving and root placement can be carried out simultaneously, the plantation phase is shorter.
- The operation does not cause any scars or traces of plantation.
- Provides magnificent symmetry on the front hairline.
- The angle and direction of each hair follicle can be accurately determined.
Disadvantages of Hair Transplantation with DHI technique
- The cost is higher than other transplantation techniques.
- The process proceeds slightly slower compared to other transplantation techniques.
- As utmost care and diligence is required for the process, it must be carried out by an expert doctor and team. In order to be competent in conducting the DHI method, a long training period should be taken
What Women Should Know About Hair Transplantation
Contrary to the known, hair transplantation operations are a type of operation that undeniably wanted by many women. The most favorable method of hair transplantation for women who like to use their hair long is DHI. We can list the things women should know about hair transplantation as follows:
- Women may face serious hair loss or even male type baldness due to genetic causes such as thyroid disease, skin diseases, and stress.
- The most effective treatment and remedy for hair loss and regional balding is hair transplantation.
- Hair transplantation has no side effects on women’s health.
- As in every operation, in hair transplantation, keeping in contact with reliable and expert people, planning the plantation process with patient-expert relationship will yield the most effective results.
- The recovery time is very short after hair transplantation. The routine life can be continued in 4 to 7 days after the operation.
- The results start to appear after 6 months following the operation. Starting from the 10th month onwards, the results show their maximum level.
- Although it changes from person to person, the hair on top of the roots that are planted with the process starts to fall of after 2 weeks to 2,5 months, and the new transplanted hair starts to grow after 3 months on average.
- After hair transplantation, the expert’s recommendations must be strictly followed and recommended products should be used as recommended.
- If the permanent hair loss is caused by stress; it is very important to avoid stressful environments after the operation.
- After 6 months of hair transplantation, all kinds of hairdressing services can be taken.
What are the differences between the DHI method and the FUE technique?
- The most significant difference between FUE and DHI methods is, in the DHI method, it is not necessary to shave. In FUE method, it is mandatory to shave both to the donor area and to the area where hair transplantation will be applied.
- Hair transplantation with FUE techniqueis used when both collecting grafts and planting hair follicles, DHI is a hair follicle planting method.
- In the DHI method, the hair follicles are transplanted right after they are harvested, and in the FUE technique, the transplantation begins after all the grafts are collected. Grafts collected are kept waiting while the collection process is in progress.
- In the DHI technique, hair follicles can be planted more frequently.
- There is little or no bleeding in the DHI method and there are some bleeding in the FUE method.